RAISE: Responsible AI for Social and Ethical Healthcare, New England, Oct 29–31, 2023
Prof. Dr. Tobias Kowatsch was invited to contribute to RAISE, the 1st International Symposium on Responsible AI for Social and Ethical Healthcare organized by the Department of Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School. The symposium gathered experts in policy, patient advocacy, economics, artificial intelligence, digital health, healthcare, and ethics to discuss recent developments in artificial intelligence. Specific questions were:
- Who should agents of artificial intelligence in medicine (AIM agents) serve?
- Which system of medicine is authoritative?
- From Dyad to Triad: To what degree is the AIM agent recognized as a distinct party to the patient-clinician relationship?
- Who controls the incorporation of patient data into the training of AIM agents?
- Should consumers have access to medical advice from AIM agents?
- What is the business model/funding of AIM agents?
The symposium was sponsored by
The results of the discussion will be published in 2024.