CAS ETH in Digital Health 2025-2026
ETH Certificate in Advanced Studies
The course looks at the globally rising numbers and costs of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) in physical and mental health. We will explain why today’s intervention paradigm does not appropriately target chronic and mental health conditions and dive deeper into what opportunities digital health interventions hold for patient care. The course equips participants with relevant knowledge and skills in engaging with Digital Health research, business models, and targeted applications. The lecturers focus on the latest trends such as artificial intelligence and LLMs in the field of digital health as part of the course.
Why is it relevant?
Goals & Overview
The overall goal of this continuing education course is to support individuals interested in Digital Health to better understand the need, design, implementation and assessment of digital health interventions for chronic physical and mental health conditions that allow caregivers to scale and tailor long-term treatments to individuals at sustainable costs.
Participants will explore different business models and critically assess existing applications. This forms the foundation for designing and validating a personal digital biomarker with wearable technology as well as for designing, implementing and evaluating a smartphone-based, chatbot-delivered intervention.
Start date: February 2025
Duration: 12 months part-time
Teaching language: English
Time commitment: 15 ECTS (corresponds to a weekly workload of 8 hours, European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)).
FMH SIWF ISFM: 25 CME credits
- Interactive live online teaching and coaching sessions using a virtual meeting application and collaborative tools
- A Virtual learning environment gives access to learning material and exercises
- 2 Workshops at the start and at the end of the programme
- 3 Group projects in Modules 2, 3, and 4
The title awarded to graduates of the programme is “Certificate in Advanced Studies ETH in Digital Health”.
- Master’s degree acknowledged by ETH or equivalent educational qualifications in a relevant field such as social sciences, medicine, economics, technological sciences, or business.
- At least two years of postgraduate work experience in a relevant field.
- C1 English proficiency
- Access to a computer and a smartphone that support the technical tools used, e.g. allowing to test the digital health interventions of the course participants.
Fees and additional costs
- Programme Costs: CHF 13’170.-
- Tuition Fees: CHF 730.- (paid to ETH)
- Total fees charged: CHF 13’900.-
The below costs cannot be included in the tuition fees and will need to be paid by participants in addition to the tuition fees. Please note that these are approximate costs and are subject to change.
- Two 2-day workshops in Switzerland: Approximately CHF 800.- in total
- Wearable device: Approximately CHF 250.-
MAS in digital Clinical Research
Interested in completing a master-level programme at the intersection of medicine, research, regulation, and digital health? We’re excited to announce that our course now forms a component of the MAS in digital Clinical Research,
MAS ETH in digital Clinical Research Programme Page
Email Programme Manager Dr. med. Sabine Goldhahn.
Links & Contacts