PhD Position: Emerging Business Models in Digital Healthcare at Med-HSG
The Next Generation of Evidence-based Medicine (Nature Medicine, 2023), The New Science of Wellness (Scientific American, 2022), The Promise of the Metaverse in Cardiovascular Health (European Heart Journal, 2022), Can Virtual Reality Help Ease Chronic Pain? (The New York Times Magazine, 2022), First of its Kind Alexa Experience Provides Hands-Free Access at Home to General Medical Care (GlobeNewswire, 2022), Can digital technologies improve health? (The Lancet, 2021), Predictive analytics and tailored interventions improve clinical outcomes (npj Digital Medicine, 2021)
What are the business models behind the recent developments in digital health?
The ongoing digitization of our everyday life offers unique healthcare innovation opportunities. SanusX, a corporate start-up established in 2020 by UNIQA Insurance Group, a leading insurance provider, partners with the Centre for Digital Health Interventions (CDHI) (www.c4dhi.org). CDHI is a joint initiative of the School of Medicine (Med-HSG) and Institute of Technology Management at the University of St. Gallen (ITEM-HSG), the Institute for Implementation Science in Health Care at the University of Zurich, and the Department of Management, Technology, and Economics at ETH Zurich.
CDHI strives to specify, develop, and evaluate consumer- and healthcare provider-centric applications for preventing and managing non-communicable diseases and common mental disorders using ubiquitous computing technology.
To strengthen CDHI, we offer the following position at Med-HSG in St.Gallen under the supervision of Prof. Tobias Kowatsch and co-supervision of Prof. Dr. Elgar Fleisch: Research Assistant – Emerging Business Models in Digital Healthcare to obtain a Ph.D. in Management at HSG.
You must be eligible for a Ph.D. at the University of St. Gallen, and you will work on specific projects in cooperation with our healthcare partner SanusX. As part of our team, you take direct project responsibility. You will plan, conduct, and evaluate cutting-edge research at the intersection of the social, medical, and engineering sciences. This includes subfields such as entrepreneurship, general management, behavioral science, and information systems.
Employment conditions, compensation, and benefits are attractive and based on the guidelines of HSG. The average duration necessary for successfully obtaining a Ph.D. is 3.5 years.
You should meet the following requirements:
- A master’s degree in engineering, medical sciences, or social sciences with a GPA (Grade Point Average) of at least 5.0 (GPA of 2.0 and better in Germany and Austria) in combination with a strong interest in entrepreneurship and management
- Prior experience in applied research projects, start-ups, or venture capital, as well as prior work experience in the health industry, is advantageous
- Strong interest in healthy longevity, social and health psychology, health economics, technology-based innovation
- Self-confident appearance and high conceptual and communication skills, especially regarding presenting research results to a broad and interdisciplinary audience
- Profound knowledge (written/oral) in German and English
If you are fascinated by the described task and would like to be part of a highly motivated, young team, we would be pleased to receive your electronic application via the following link: https://jobs.unisg.ch/offene-stellen/ph-d-position-emerging-business-models-in-digital-healthcare-m-f-d/d6cf1d43-c697-46b4-a3b5-61264d7f3f2c